Distinctive remains of a native Welsh castle, probably begun by Prince Llywelyn ab Iorwerth ('the Great') around 1221. Castell y Bere was a remote outpost on Llywelyn’s southern frontier, but it was vital to his security.
There are extraordinary views of the Llŷn Peninsula from this unusual little village. Trefor developed thanks to the local granite quarry. Its small harbour became extremely busy in the days when the granite was shipped to all over Europe.
Trefor, Gwynedd, LL54 5LB