Please note that Electric Mountain is temporarily closed for refurbishment and upgrading. We hope to be back in the new and improved Visitor Centre by 2020.
Portmeirion was created by the architect Clough Williams-Ellis from 1925 to 1976. He wanted to show how a naturally beautiful site could be developed without spoiling it.
Established in 1859 Trefriw Woollen Mills manufacture traditional Welsh bedspreads, travel rugs and tweeds. Their machinery is over 50 years old and they generate their own electricity.