Abersoch, Gwynedd, LL53 7EU
Machroes is a long, sandy beach located to the south of Abersoch, merging with Abersoch Beach and backed by Abersoch Golf Club. At the southern end of the beach there is a small car park and toilets. The beach, which is accessed via a slipway, is dissected by a number of wooden groynes, which help to prevent erosion. There is also a fairly large car park on the outskirts of Abersoch, a short walk from Machroes Beach.
Machroes Beach Safety Notice
Follow Adventure Smart and RNLI guidelines for safe enjoyment of our coast.
Be aware of the following dangers on Machroes beach. Look for the red signs which contain specific information for that part of the beach.
- Beware of being trapped on the sandbanks by the incoming tide
- Beware of powered craft
- Beware of manoeuvring vehicles on the beach and at the entrance
- Beware of submerged objects
- Take care with inflatables in strong winds
- Do not dig or burrow in sand dunes
In an emergency, dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard