This is a circular walk around Llyn Padarn which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest due to the importance of its wildlife and geology. It is one of only three natural habitats in Wales where Arctic Charr can be found. Look back across the lake to see the ruins of Dolbadarn Castle, dating from the 1200s.
We want you to enjoy your visit to Padarn Country Park but please be aware that some areas of the Park can be dangerous and children should be supervised at all times.
● Only follow way-marked trails
● Do not enter building ruins
● Keep away from old quarry structures
● Some paths have uneven surfaces and steep drops
● Some of the features of the Park include old quarry workings, steep woodland paths and deep waters
Distance: 8 km / 6 miles
Approx time: 2.5 hours
Parking: Padarn Country Park, LL55 4TY (https://what3words.com/trackers.sometimes.octopus)