Interesting Facts along the Way
1. Pen y Pass is 359 metres (1,180 feet) high and three routes up Snowdon starts here (Miners, Pyg and Crib Goch).
2. Maentwrog, meaning ‘Twrog’s stone’, has a legend that states that Twrog threw a boulder from top of a hill and destroyed a Pagan altar. The boulder is said to be the same as the one seen in St Twrog’s Churchyard.
3. Crimea Pass, Blaenau Ffestiniog is near the World famous Zip World and Bounce Below.
4. Capel Curig has a population of 206 (Census 2011) but is known as a famous hub for walking, climbing, mountaineering and mountain biking.
5. 88% of Penygroes population speak Welsh.